Dana’s Favorite Life Hacks
< BLOG HOME
I like to think of myself as “bougie, but budgeting.”
I know I have taste that makes a splash, but I’ve also never met a sale I didn’t love. Can you relate? Being self-aware is important… especially in Nordstrom Rack when you could definitely buy everything! Speaking of self-awareness, I’m a big advocate of listening to the strengths other people say you have. Specifically, I hear in my chats from others that I offer simple solutions for everyday life. I thought that was pretty cool! I’m all about living effectively and efficiently, and I know I can help you do the same… with a splash of fun thrown in. As I prepared to launch this blog section, “Life Hacks,” I prayed and thought through what simply solutions I could share to help your life be a little more stress-free and fun! Here are a few Dana tips that might upgrade your week!
Without further ado, I am thrilled to share 5 of my simplest life hacks to make your world a little more efficient and a little more fun!
- For the girly-girl: Kiss Nails. These little babies have gotten the best feedback from my friends who’ve tried them! Kiss Nails are $8 nails I glue on each week that look like I sat and had the best nail technician slay my manicure for hours. I’ve saved unbelievable time and money with something you can find at any corner drugstore! Try this next time you need your nails done and let me know what you think in the comments-- you won’t regret it.
2. For everyone: People also as like my life hack of taking a true sabbath and honoring it. I firmly believe we are designed for rest, and our bodies and busy schedules of life today point this out! How many times this week have you said you were tired? This week, take a half-day with no errands or commitments, and spend that time re-centering. Long-term, see if you can work up to a full day of rest! (The more this idea scares you, the more you likely need it).
3. For busy people: Celebrate yourself- once a month, take yourself out. Yes, alone! We all need time to process life and laugh with no pressure and no one to entertain. I’m a huge fan of a massage or wellness treatment followed by an inexpensive movie matinee. When’s the last time you did something solely for you? Your family and friends will thank you for it!
4. For anyone with a mobile phone: Starbucks Mobile Order- so few people take advantage of this, but it’s one of my favorite hacks! Order your coffee on the way, walk in, pick it up, and walk out. I know as a busy wife, mom, pastor, and yoga instructor, I need a pick-me-up sometimes, but it seems to always be when the line is longest. The Starbucks app is totally free, gives you points toward free coffee, and makes you the cool friend who shows up on time-- with lattes for everyone. There’s no more rockstar feeling than walking into a jam-packed Starbucks, grabbing your totally ready coffee, and walking out.
5. For car owners: Yoshi is an app that delivers car maintenance needs directly to you. For example, I schedule Yoshi to come to my work and fill my tank whenever I’m running low. They can also detail your car, change your wipers or oil, and more! Whatever it is, they’re coming to me, and not only are they saving me time, it’s also more cost-efficient! Gas is cheaper with them, and the more people you refer, the greater the discount you get. If you’re on the go like I am, with 3 kids and 3 sports schedules, and also trying to see your husband or friends, you probably use a lot of gas!
Which one(s) of these would add value to your life? When will you try it this week? I’d love to hear how hacking your life goes!
March 13, 2019